Portland Customer Services - Books Sales Policy
Sales of products distributed by Portland Customer Services (PCS) are normally cash with order. Unless agreed in advance that sales are to be made on a sale or return basis, all orders for books are firm sales.
Cash with order or against proforma invoice. Payment may be made by bank transfer provided our reference number is quoted. Please contact us for bank details.
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard and most other major debit cards, Portland Customer Services will appear on your statement.
Credit is only given to those existing customers whose turnover with PCS exceeds £2,500 per annum. New customers who wish to apply for placement on PCS's Credit Customer list should send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Any goods supplied on invoice are due for payment within 28 days of month end of sale.
- Please note that no credit is given for journal subscriptions
Claims in respect of damaged books must be made within seven days of the receipt of the product.
Credit will only be given for returns of products under the following circumstances:
- returns to be pre-authorized; an RMA number will be issued and should be quoted when returning the goods.
- only returns within 60 days of the date of invoice will be considered.
- please return product, securely wrapped, with an explanatory note to PCS, including the invoice and RMA number.
- products to be in good condition (i.e. re-saleable- at the discretion of PCS), all packing and wrapping costs to be borne by the sender.
- please ensure that all items are sent by Recorded post or Special delivery - it is the customer's responsibility to prove delivery of returns to PCS.
- authorization of returns is strictly at the discretion of PCS, and no returns will be accepted where such authorization has not been given.
Print on Demand titles:
Print on Demand (POD) titles are despatched within 14 days of payment. POD titles are sold on firm order only and are non-returnable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Portland Customer Services liability:
Portland Customer Services is a trading name of Portland Press Ltd.
Portland Customer Services is acting as an Agent for the Publishers of books and shall not incur any liability in relation to the contract between the book Publisher and the customer. Portland Customer Services shall collect order monies on the book Publisher's behalf.
- Portland Customer Services
- Charles Darwin House
- 12 Roger Street
- London WC1N 2JU, UK
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7685 2444
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7685 2468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org