Workshop on Fatigue
New ISBN 9780852933145
Old ISBN 0852933142
Date Published: March 2001
Published by: Energy Institute
In October 1999 the Institute held a workshop on the health and safety aspects of fatigue as they affect the up and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry. The proceedings include:
1. Summary and introduction by Dr L Wright, BP.
2. Introduction to body rhythms, shiftwork and fatigue by Prof Simon Folkard, University of Wales Swansea.
3. Sleep, mood and performance in relation to offshore shift patterns, by Dr Katharine R. Parkes, University of Oxford.
4. Adapting to night shift on oil-rigs and elsewhere: implications for health, by Dr Josephine Arendt, University of Surrey.
5. Sleep-related vehicle accidents, by Dr Jim Horne, University of Loughborough.